Banana walnut bread
Sliced thick or thin, buttered or plain, it's all good whichever way you eat it.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and butter a standard loaf tin.
- Put the bananas in a large bowl and mash thoroughly. Beat the eggs into the mashed bananas.
- Into another bowl sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda, making sure that there are no little lumps of soda.
- Beat these dry ingredients into the banana mixture and stir in the walnuts(chopped).
- Scoop the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes until well baked in the middle when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out to cool on a rack. Serve warm or cold in slices, thick or thin.