Tuna and brown rice bake
( SERVES 6 )
- Cook 2 cups of brown rice.
- Hard boil 6 eggs. Shell them and cut each one in half.
- Finely chop 1 medium red onion and some parsley.
- Grate a cup of cheese.
- Make a white sauce using 2 tablespoons of butter, the same of flour and a good cup of milk, add the cheese and season well.
- If your canned tuna is in oil simply add it to the brown rice and mix through. If it's in water, drain off the water before mixing through the rice.
- Add the onion and parsley to this tuna/rice mix.
- Put the rice mix into a baking dish or individual oven proof serving bowls.
- Distribute the eggs and pour over the cheese sauce. Gently fork this through the rice and eggs.
- Sprinkle a little grated cheese over the top. Bake in a medium oven till well heated through and the cheese topping has browned.