Seared scallops, microgreens and caper breadcrumbs
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Serve scallops in their shells for a rustic entree.
- To make the breadcrumbs, mix the breadcrumbs and garlic together.
- Heat a frying pan and when hot, pour in the oil then the crumbs and toast until golden and crisp.
- Add the capers and lemon zest. Stir through, then keep warm.
- Cook the scallops in the olive oil until just cooked. Season.
- Serve the scallops in shells if possible. Sprinkle with micro greens and breadcrumbs.