Middle Eastern vegetable salad
|10||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|500 g||Large ripe tomatoes, seeded, cored and diced|
|1||Cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced|
|400 g||Chickpeas, can, rinsed and drained|
|⅓ cup||Fresh parsley|
|⅓ cup||Mint leaves|
|⅓ cup||Basil leaves|
|½ cup||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Minced garlic|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Olive oil|
|8 ounces||Feta, diced|
|1 to serve||Pita bread, toasted|
- Place the spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, parsley, mint and basil in a large salad bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, two teaspoons salt and one teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, tossing gently to coat all the vegetables.
- Add the feta, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss gently.
- Serve the salad with the toasted pita bread.