Panna cotta with campari mandarins
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Pour the sugar, milk and cream into a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the milk mixture.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes then squeeze and add to the hot milk and stir to dissolve.
- Cool slightly before pouring into oiled moulds. Refrigerate until set, then turn out on to serving plates.
- Peel and segment the mandarins, getting rid of as much pith as possible. Put into a bowl and pour over the Campari, add the mint. Leave to steep before serving alongside the panna cotta.