Chocolate chip biscuits with condensed milk
( MAKES 24 )
These cookies rely on a generous amount of top quality chocolate - roughly chopped so you get the pleasure of finding a nice chunk hidden within the biscuit. Flattening the biscuits with a fork is not necessary but reminds me of when, as a child, I would nibble between each indented row as I ate the biscuits to make them last longer. I've also added condensed milk as it seems to make the biscuit a little shorter in texture with a slight caramel flavour.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line an oven tray.
- Cream the butter with the sugar, condensed milk and vanilla until pale.
- Stir in the coconut. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then mix in.
- Stir in the chocolate, then roll into small balls and place on the tray. Flatten with a fork, dipped in a little flour if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Let the cookies cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.