Oatmeal, raisin and spice biscuits
( MAKES 24 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
These large biscuits should be baked just long enough to remain chewy in the centre once cold. These are excellent with a pot of tea.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line two baking trays.
- Cream the butter and both sugars together with the orange zest and vanilla until pale.
- Add the egg and beat well. Beat in the water.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and baking soda. Mix into the egg mixture.
- Add the oats and raisins then form into cookies with wet hands and place on trays, leaving room between for spreading. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until they are golden.
- These biscuits should be a little soft in the centre so they remain chewy once cold. Let cool slightly on the trays before transferring to a cooling rack.