Pear, creme fraiche and walnut crumble tart
I used bought short pastry to line the pie dish, Maggie made her own.
- Line a 18cm pie tin with pastry and brush with an egg white. Chill till ready to use.
- Slice 4 pears (skin on) and mix with 12g of caster sugar, 75g creme fraiche, 45g chopped roasted walnuts and the zest of half a lemon.
- To make the crumble, process 135g of caster sugar, 145g plain flour 125g unsalted butter and 25g of crystalised ginger till this starts to "clump".
- Assemble the tart by filling the pastry base with the pear mix, then patting down the crumble topping over the top.
- Sit on a baking tray and place into a preheated oven (200C) for 30 mins or until the pastry base is cooked. Remove from the oven and rest for 15 mins. Maggie served this with a beautiful elderberry and vanilla ice cream. Plain vanilla would be just as good.