Quince and ginger paste
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Peel the quinces and remove the cores then place the skin and cores into a saucepan with the ginger and water.
- Once the ingredients are soft, strain and reserve liquid.
- Dice the fruit then add to the cooking liquid and boil until soft, then puree.
- Add the puree to the sugar and return to the saucepan. Cook over a gentle heat until the colour of the quince changes to a ruby red.
- You will need to stir often to prevent sticking. This process will take approximately 3 hours. Spoon into an oiled tray and leave overnight to set, then