Spicy five-spice chicken noodles
( SERVES 4 )
|¼ cup||Rice flour|
|1 tsp||Chinese five spice|
|2 tsp||Sea salt|
|600 g||Chicken breasts, 3 fillets, thinly sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|2||Garlic cloves, sliced|
|1||Red chilli, sliced, plus extra or reserve some to serve|
|2 bunches||Broccolini, trimmed|
|1½ cups||Chicken stock|
|1 Tbsp||Kecap manis|
|2||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
- Cover the noodles with cold water and allow to stand for 15 minutes or until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Place the rice flour, five-spice, salt and chicken in a bowl and mix to coat.
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil, garlic, chilli and broccolini and cook for a further minute. Add the stock and kecap manis, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with the noodles and top with spring onions and extra chilli.