Chickpea, chorizo and silverbeet stew
( SERVES 6 )
- Fry off the sliced chorizo sausages in olive oil. Remove and put into a large bowl.
- In the same pan, cook off a thinly sliced medium onion until soft.
- Keeping the heat low, add garlic cloves, then add diced tomatoes, chickpeas, mixed dried herbs, paprika, and silverbeet.
- Return the chorizo to the pan, season with salt, pepper and a good pinch of sugar.
- Once the silverbeet has wilted down, put back into the bowl and serve with crusty bread.