Autumn vegetable, blue cheese and thyme pie
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 tsp||Brown sugar|
|1||Onion, finely diced|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|½ cup||Pumpkin, diced|
|¼ cup||Carrot, diced|
|¼ cup||Parsnip, diced|
|100 g||Green beans, diced|
|200 g||Blue cheese|
|3 tsp||Fresh thyme|
- To make the filling, saute the ingredients - except the blue cheese - over a medium heat for 30 minutes or until golden and soft. Season with freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- To make the pastry, mix the flour, salt, water and lemon juice into a dough. Knead until it feels elastic then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and roll out into a rectangle. Place cubes of butter onto the pastry then fold and roll.
- Repeat this process three times before leaving the pastry to rest for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line pie tins or use a plate to form one large pie.
- Place the filling into the centre, top with blue cheese then brush with eggwash before topping with pastry. Brush again then bake for 25 minutes or until golden.