Roasted lamb shoulder with pita and rocket
( SERVES 2 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
- Ask your butcher to trim as much fat from the lamb shoulder as possible.
- Place in a roasting pan, season well with salt and pepper and just cover with red wine, and the orange zest.
- Add some whole garlic cloves if you like. Roast in a moderate oven until fall-apart tender. Rest and keep warm.
- Warm some pita bread in the oven. Mix together yoghurt with the lemon juice and zest, ground cumin and 2 crushed garlic cloves (optional).
- For a fresh touch, add some shredded mint.
- Slice the lamb into chunky pieces, put a bowl of rocket on the table and let guests make their own pita pockets, moistening the filling with the yoghurt sauce.