Braised mushroom, beef, beetroot and greens with chilli
( SERVES 4 )
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|500 g||Spinach leaves|
|400 g||Portobello mushrooms|
|400 g||Beef sirloin|
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients, then let rest for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Peel and slice the beetroot into thin rounds. Season.
- Heat a fry pan then add the olive oil and cook the beetroot for 1 minute on each side. Remove from the pan.
- Add the sirloin to the hot pan, season well and sear for 3 minutes on each side. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the hot pan, season then cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes. Add the spinach leaves and let wilt.
- Serve the beetroot, sirloin, mushrooms and spinach layered with the dressing.