Roasted tomato, butter bean, and watercress
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Roast ripe tomatoes to give a lovely sweetness to this salad.
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 tsp||Brown sugar|
|2 sprigs||Fresh rosemary|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
|1½ cups||Butter beans|
|4 handfuls||Watercress, either hydroponic or, preferably, sourced from a river and available from food markets|
|100 g||Almonds, roasted and salted|
|2 tsp||Lemons, juice|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh herbs, such as parsley, oregano, marjoram, finely chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Arrange the tomatoes in a dish.
- Drizzle over the oil, sprinkle the salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Finely slice the garlic and add with the rosemary.
- Bake for 20 minutes then let cool.
- Combine the butter beans with the watercress. Arrange on a platter or individual dishes then add the tomatoes and the almonds.
- Mix together the creme fraiche, lemon juice and herbs. Spoon over the salad before serving.