Roast duck, fennel and apple salad
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Place the duck breasts on a tray and season.
- Drizzle with olive oil and butter then roast for 15 minutes. Rest while preparing the salad.
- To make the salad; remove the core from the fennel bulbs and discard.
- Finely slice the bulbs and combine with finely sliced apples, mint, creme fraiche, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together before serving with the slivers of roasted duck.