- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Position oven rack in middle of oven.
- Lightly grease oven tray.
- Soften butter, add sugar and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Stir in the milk.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and bran in a bowl.
- Stir in the liquid and mix to make a soft dough.
- Flour a board or other hard surface.
- Take portions of dough, cover with clingfilm and roll out to about half a centimetre thick. Remove clingfilm.
- Cut into squares or oblongs and lift onto prepared tray leaving a half centimetre gap between them.
- Bake at 180 degC for about 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack, then store in an airtight container. Serve plain or buttered.