Lemon, sultana and coconut fridge slice
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|¼ cup||Apple juice|
|200 g||Biscuits, plain eg vanilla wine, milk arrowroot - crushed|
|200 g||Condensed milk|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|4||Lemons, 2 sliced finely, 2 zested and the juice reserved|
|70 g||Butter, melted, plus an extra 20g for the icing|
|1 cup||Icing sugar, sifted|
|2 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
- Grease a 20 x 30cm slice tin.
- Simmer the sultanas with the apple juice for 15 minutes then let cool.
- Add the crushed biscuits to the condensed milk, coconut, lemon zest and first measure of melted butter. Stir to combine then press into the tin.
- Combine the icing sugar with the reserved lemon juice and the extra 20 grams of melted butter until smooth. Spread thinly over the slice.
- Put the sugar and water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add the lemon slices. Reduce the heat and simmer until translucent. Cool, then arrange on top of the slice before serving.