My friend and foodie extraordinaire Tanah Jane Dowdle introduced me to this idea and I have shamelessly purloined it.
- Buy a 500g piece of fresh salmon side. Ask your fishmonger to remove the skin and the bones.
- Dice the salmon into 1.5cm cubes.
- Mix together 50g white miso paste, 10ml of tamari soy sauce and 1.5 tablespoons of prepared wasabi. Whisk this together and add a dash of sesame oil to finish.
- Toast off some sesame seeds by placing them in a pan then putting the pan in a moderate oven and watching the seeds very carefully. The moment they start to colour, remove from the oven and cool.
- Just before serving toss the salmon cubes in the miso mix. Remove the cubes after a couple of minutes and dust with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Spike with your preferred skewer or toothpick and plate.