Cognac berries with amaretti cream
- Put the blueberries into a container, then pour over the cognac. Leave to steep for at least 1 hour.
- Split the vanilla and scrape the seeds into a bowl. Reserve the pod, let it dry out and it can be used to flavour future dishes. Popping it into the sugar jar is always a goodie.
- Pour in the cream and whip with the vanilla.
- Crush the amaretti biscuits with your hands, or use a rolling pin.
- Spoon the berries and juice into glasses then top with the cream and finish with amaretti biscuits.