Roasted shallot and chevre tartlets
Photo by Babiche Martens
- To make the pastry, put the butter, flour and salt into a food processor then pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water and pulse again until just combined. Remove and wrap in plastic wrap for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the shallots into a small baking dish and add the garlic, sherry, butter, balsamic, seasoning and thyme.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the shallots are golden and tender.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface then cut to fit greased tins. Let rest for 20 minutes or longer before baking.
- Bake the cases blind - line with baking paper and fill with dried beans or specific pastry weights - bake for 15 minutes then remove the paper and weights and continue baking for a further 5 minutes.
- Warm the shallot mixture and spoon into the warm cases and top with crumbled chevre and a little thyme.