Sweet chilli chicken drumsticks
( SERVES 4 )
This is a fantastic, quick and easy solution to that question: "What's for dinner?"
- In one moment you can dice up some potatoes, add a bit of oil, salt and pepper and put them in a moderate oven.
- Put the drumsticks in a baking dish, allow 2-3 per person. Glug over them sweet chilli sauce, soy or oyster sauce, citrus juice, a bit of oil and any or all of the following that you happen to have on hand: crushed garlic cloves, sliced fresh ginger, crushed lemon grass, fresh chillies (if you like it hot) slices of whatever citrus you have juiced.
- Add the chicken dish to the oven and braise until the drums are cooked.
- Meanwhile, make a salad. Mix any greens with fresh herbs such as mint and basil, fresh tomatoes and cucumber. Try to use a crunchy lettuce.
- Serve it all in bowls on the table or plate it. Left over drums are great the next day. Cook lots to use as snacks or sandwich filling.
- They also make excellent picnic food, but please remember to store them in a food-safe way.