This is an old Dutch recipe. You can set it in a mould and turn it on to a serving platter. It is good with poached plums and even better with Rumtopf. (If you missed the berry season you can still make a Rumtopf with stone fruit.)
- Heat the first 5 ingredients together to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in the semolina and boil, stirring all the time. It will become quite thick.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites till they have soft peaks, then fold into the cooled mixture.
- Rinse the mould with cold water (if you want to turn the pudding out) and pour the above into the mould or your serving bowl. Serve when completely cold.