Avocado waffles with chilli and lemon
Photo by Babiche Martens
- To make the waffles, beat the eggs well then whisk in the milk, flour, cornflour, salt and melted butter until smooth.
- Pour into hot waffle irons.
- Slice the avocados and squeeze over the juice of 1 lemon.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the eggs. Spoon over the chilli sauce before layering between the waffles with the avocado.
- Add bacon, smoked salmon or grilled chorizo with a sprinkling of pepper. Offer sour cream and wedges of lemon.