Toasted muesli roasted peaches
( SERVES 6 )
|½ cup||Honey, (plus extra to drizzle)|
|½ cup||Rice bran oil|
|¼ cup||Apple juice|
|2 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|2½ cups||Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 cup||Almond flakes|
|¼ cup||Sesame seeds|
|1 cup||Dried apricots, (finely sliced)|
- To make the muesli; pour the oil, honey, apple juice and vanilla into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degC. Use a large oven tray or baking dish in which to spread out the oats, coconut, wheatgerm, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Pour over the liquid and stir thoroughly. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, turning over every 10 minutes until the muesli is golden and toasted.
- Turn the oven up to 170 degC. Halve the peaches, remove the stones then spoon muesli into the cavity. Drizzle over a little honey. Roast in a buttered oven dish for 15 minutes or until the peaches are soft, depending on their ripeness.
- Serve the peaches warm with spoonfuls of yoghurt and fresh mint.