Scrambled eggs with chive flowers
Scrambled eggs are delicious with lots of snipped chives, but have you tried using the flowers as well?
- Finely chop some chives and parsley.
- Snip the chive flowers from the flower heads, removing as much of the little stems as possible.
- Mix with the chives and parsley.
- Make your scrambled eggs your usual way. I like to use a fair bit of butter in the pan to start and just beaten eggs, no added water, milk or cream.
- Keep the eggs moving on the heat to incorporate the melted butter. Season well. Just before the eggs are "set" fold through the herbs.
- Serve on toast and garnish with a few more chive petals. Any leftovers are very good in a club sandwich.