Marigold salad with curried eggs
Marigold petals add spark to dark salad leaves, and single petals look great to accent pass-around food.
- Place 4 eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes. Remove from the pot and run cold water over them until the eggs are cold. Peel gently, they will still be soft inside.
- Mix a teaspoon of curry powder (or paste) into 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise and thin down with 4 tablespoons of cream.
- Arrange a mix of salad leaves, including some red, in a serving dish. Scatter some chopped parsley over these.
- Cut the soft boiled eggs in half and sit them gently on the salad.
- Dress with the curry cream.
- Detach the petals from the marigold flowers and drop these across the cream.