This is an easy one-dish way of entertaining six people.
- Buy a cooked Peking Duck from a Chinese supermarket or restaurant, the ones you see hanging in a row behind the glass. Make sure they are dark and glossy. The shop-owner will cut it into pieces for you .
- Make a bed of watercress, diced celery, diced cucumber, chopped spring onion and in this case shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Marinate some fresh Asian or button mushrooms in lime juice and sesame oil. Blanch some snowpeas, baby carrots and green beans.
- Arrange the leaves, mushrooms and vegetables across a large platter.
- Shred some of the duck off the bone and spread it across the salad base.
- Snip lots of fresh mint and coriander over the duck.
- Serve the rest of the duck pieces on another plate.
- Thin some Hoisin sauce (available at the same place you buy your duck) with some lemon juice and peanut oil and offer this as a dressing.