Christmas spice shortbread
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Icing sugar|
|½ tsp||Ground nutmeg|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|½ tsp||Ground ginger|
|2 cups||Plain flour|
|1 serving||Icing sugar, to dust|
|1 serving||Yoghurt, I used cinnamon-flavoured buffalo yoghurt|
- Preheat oven to 150C. Grease or line a baking tray.
- Cream the butter, icing sugar and spices together until pale.
- Sift the cornflour and flour together then mix into the creamed mixture. Tip out onto a board dusted with flour and knead gently.
- Roll out to a 1.5cm thickness and cut into shapes using cookie cutters. Transfer to the tray and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and yoghurt and a dusting of icing sugar.