Salmon on potato pikelets, creme fraiche and dill
Photo by Babiche Martens
Makes 4 pikelets.
|500 g||Agria potatoes|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- To make the pikelets, peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Boil in salted water until tender then drain and leave in the saucepan with the lid on to steam dry.
- Pass through a mouli with a fine blade or alternatively press through a sieve. Leave to cool.
- Whisk together the milk, flour, 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites with the cream and seasoning. Combine with the potato then leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan, add a little butter and when bubbling, start cooking the pikelets. When the top of each is nearly set, turn over and continue cooking until golden on both sides.
- Serve with slivers of salmon, creme fraiche and dill, adding a little more pepper if desired.