Roasted duck on brioche, sour cream and dill
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Cut the brioche into thin slices then into rounds using a cutter.
- Brush with the melted butter and bake until golden, turning once.
- Heat a frying pan. Add the oil. Prick the skin of the duck breasts then place skin side down, season, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over and repeat then leave to rest for 5 minutes. Slice finely.
- Combine the sour cream, zest and juice of the orange with the dill. Season.
- Segment the orange flesh and dice.
- Arrange the slices of duck with the sour cream, orange and dill sauce on the brioche crostini, add diced orange and a little more dill to garnish before serving on a platter.