Charred courgettes with spiced tomatoes and prune and walnut crumble
- Preheat the oven to medium.
- Slice large tomatoes in half, place in a baking dish, add chopped rosemary, chopped thyme and smashed garlic cloves, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Discard the rosemary and blitz the tomatoes in your blender with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp raw sugar and a pinch of chilli powder.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Blitz plain and wholemeal flour with butter to blend, add brown sugar to combine.
- Press this into a baking dish, 1cm thick, and cook until golden, tossing every 5 minutes.
- Add pitted prunes and walnuts, both roughly chopped. Cook another 5 minutes.
- Slice courgettes lengthwise.
- Toss in 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat barbecue or a ribbed cast-iron pan and cook the slices until coloured.
- Place the spiced tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Stack the courgettes randomly.
- Sprinkle generously with the crumble.
- Scatter with crumbled cheese. Pecorino, feta, parmesan or tasty cheese would work. Bake for 20-30 minutes in a medium oven or until courgettes are soft.