Grilled eggplant with basil, lemon and feta bruschetta
- Preheat your barbecue until hot.
- Brush chunky slices of bread with olive oil and grill both sides. Remove and rub with a cut clove of garlic and put aside.
- Cut an eggplant lengthwise into 1cm slices, brush with olive oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Cook on both sides until charred and golden. Remove, allow to cool and roughly chop.
- Put into a bowl and mix with torn fresh basil, crumbled feta , olive oil and lemon zest.
- Top each toasted bread slice with this, add a squeeze of lemon and serve immediately. Rustic outdoor eating.