Seasonal vegetable salad with garlic vinaigrette
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1||Eggplant, sliced into thin rounds|
|½||Pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2||Beetroot, peeled and sliced into thin rounds|
|1 can||White beans, drained|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Remove the stems from the kale and discard. Slice the kale.
- Heat a frying pan. Add enough olive oil to cover the base of the frypan. When hot add the kale and stir for about 5 minutes or until wilted and a little crispy. Remove the kale and put into a large bowl.
- Add the slices of eggplant and fry for 2 minutes on each side, then remove.
- Cook the pumpkin and beetroot in the same way, adding a little more oil and seasoning. Add in white beans.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together then add salt to taste.