Tomato tart with lemon dressing
Paper-thin and buttery filo pastry is delicious in both sweet and savoury tarts. Try a spring-inspired tomato tart topped with creamy ricotta and colourful heirloom tomatoes.
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
|6 sheets||Filo pastry|
|2¼ cups||Basil leaves|
|1¼ cups||Parmesan cheese|
|1½ cups||Ricotta cheese|
- To make the dressing, whisk to combine the oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp lemon rind, and balsamic vinegar (white).
- Preheat oven 200C. Place the butter, crushed garlic, 1 tbsp lemon rind, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Brush 1 sheet of pastry with the garlic butter, top with 1/4 cup basil leaves and sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated parmesan.
- Top with another sheet of pastry and repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a layer of pastry brushed with butter.
- Place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Cut into 8 rectangles and place 2 on each plate.
- Top with ricotta, sliced tomatoes (heirloom) and remaining basil and the lemon dressing to serve.