Asparagus, rice flour-fried tofu and cashew mint sauce
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|2 Tbsp||Rice bran oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|½ cup||Rice flour|
Cashew mint sauce
- Trim the asparagus. Heat a grill or frypan and add the peanut and rice bran oil.
- Add the garlic then the asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes, tossing occasionally. Season with salt and set aside.
- Pour the rice flour on a plate. Slice the tofu and dust with the flour on all sides. Return to the pan in batches and fry until golden.
- To make the sauce, pound all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle or use a food processor. Blend until combined but still retaining a rough texture.
- Serve the asparagus with the tofu and spoon over the cashew mint sauce. Offer lime or lemon wedges when serving.