Beef with tamarind, fried eggplant and spinach salad
- Place the scotch fillet in a dish. Soak the tamarind pulp in the hot water for 30 minutes, then rub with your fingers before pushing through a strainer with the water. Pour over the beef.
- Add the garlic, pepper, soy and palm sugar and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Line the steamer with baking paper and sit over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove the beef from the marinade, cover and steam for 15 minutes, in batches depending on the size of your steamer.
- Meanwhile heat the peanut oil and fry the eggplant until golden. Toss with the spinach leaves and lemon juice.
- Simmer the remaining marinade for 3 minutes. Serve the scotch fillet sliced with with the marinade spooned over it and accompanied by the eggplant and spinach salad.