Marinated tofu kebabs with wild rice
|275 g||Firm tofu, cut into 1cm blocks|
|5 Tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|5 Tbsp||Tamarind sauce|
|1 tsp||Palm sugar|
|1 tsp||Horopito seasoning|
|1||Red chilli, deseeded and finely diced|
|1½ tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1½ Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
To make up skewers
|½||Red capsicum, cut into small chunks|
|½||Yellow capsicum, cut into small chunks|
|1||Onion, cut into small chunks|
- Whisk all ingredients except the tofu together in a shallow dish. Add tofu and cover with extra soy sauce and rice vinegar if needed. Refrigerate overnight or at least two hours, gently turning the tofu every now and then to help marinade.
- In a saucepan bring marinade to boil and reduce to taste, over half. Remove from the pan.
- Make up skewers mixing the veges and tofu and season. Add enough oil to the pan so that you can shallow-fry the skewers until they are golden brown over a medium heat. Spoon over the marinade while cooking.
- Follow cooking instructions for the rice.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.