Gluten-free coconut passionfruit slice
( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|120 g||Desiccated coconut|
|80 g||Rice flour|
|4 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|100 g||Ground almonds|
|2 tsp||Gluten-free baking powder|
|2||Egg yolks, lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Passionfruit pulp, plus extra to drizzle|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease or line a 28cm x 18cm slice tin, or similar.
- Combine all the base ingredients together the press gently into the baking tray.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Add the caster sugar, 1 Tbsp at a time, while continuing to beat until the whites are glossy.
- Gently fold through the coconut, rice flour, passionfruit and almonds.
- Spoon the topping over the base and bake for 25 minutes. When cool, drizzle with the extra passionfruit pulp and dust with icing sugar.