Phyls' lemon chicken
- With a strong knife cut down the breastbone of a whole chicken (preferably a tasty free range one). Flatten it on a board with the heel of your hand.
- Oil the bottom of a roasting dish. Cut 3 lemons into thick slices and layer these across the pan.
- Cover the slices with 6 garlic cloves, also sliced, and some fresh dill or fennel leaves.
- Sit the chicken on top, spread a little oil across it and sprinkle with fennel seeds and salt and pepper. 5. Bake in a moderate oven till cooked (approx 1 hour).
- Serve with lemon pasta and a green salad.