Chicken, orange and cucumber with mint, peanut and yoghurt dressing
( SERVES 4 )
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, (to season)|
|4||Boneless chicken thighs, (skinnless)|
|1||Lemon, (juice of)|
|1 Tbsp||Peanut oil|
|2||Lebanese cucumber, (or half a telegraph)|
|1||Spring onion, (to garnish)|
|1||Mint leaves, (to garnish)|
|1||Coriander, (to garnish)|
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Arrange the chicken in an ovenproof dish and season.
- Squeeze over the lemon and drizzle the oil. Cook for 20 minutes or until done depending on the size of the thighs. Let cool.
- Peel the oranges, then segment. Slice the cucumber.
- To make the dressing; either finely chop the mint or put into a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Finely chop the peanuts and add with the minced garlic clove. Add the sugar and enough peanut oil to make a thick sauce.
- Add the lemon juice, then season with salt before stirring through the yoghurt.
- Slice the chicken and arrange with the orange and cucumber, fold through some dressing while leaving enough for people to add more at the table.
- Offer bowls of spring onions, coriander and/or mint leaves for people to add as they wish.