Roasted vegetable and quinoa salad
( SERVES 2 )
Fuel for the road? Grains are great for runners for the slow-release energy.
|2||Courgettes, 1 large or 2 small|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes|
|1½ Tbsp||Basil pesto|
|2 tsp||Balsamic vinegar, or less, to your taste|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, finely grated|
|1 handful||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, roughly chopped|
|1 handful||Pitted black olives|
- Preheat the oven to a medium heat.
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions, and leave to cool.
- Cut the pepper, courgette, aubergine and onions into 3-4cm pieces and toss in a roasting tray with 1tbsp of olive oil. Season and roast for about 30 minutes, turning a few times.
- Add the tomatoes and return to the oven for 10 minutes. This is just long enough for the tomatoes to soften but not break down totally. Remove the vegetables from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix 1tbsp of olive oil with the pesto and balsamic vinegar. Add the pesto to the vegetables, parmesan, olives and parsley. Toss and store in the fridge for the next day.
- Crumbled feta, pinenuts, cooked chicken strips or bacon could be added also.