Torte rustica alla Ricotta Ricotta pie
( SERVES 6 )
|150 g||Unsalted butter|
|500 g||Standard flour|
|125 ml||Marsala, medium-dry|
|50 g||Pecorino cheese, freshly grated|
|1 to taste||Ground black pepper|
- Put all the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the dough is just amalgamated. Roll it into a ball and place it in the refrigerator to rest for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degC and butter a 23cm ovenproof dish.
Break off just over half of the pastry and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface to about 5mm thick then lift it into the prepared dish so the pastry comes up the sides.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and season with pepper. (The cheeses and prosciutto are fairly salty, so you don't need to add any salt.)
- Pour the filling into the pastry and smooth the surface.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and use it to cover the pie.
- Press around the rim to seal the edges and prick the pie lid all over with a fork.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Remove the pie from the oven and leave it to cool down completely before serving. If it is still warm, the ricotta will be too runny to cut into neat slices.