Udon Noodles with Pork belly, Shiitake Mushrooms, Bok Choy and Soft-Boiled Egg
( SERVES 2 )
If you have a packet of noodles in the cupboard, a satisfying meal isn't far away. I used the rough end of some leftover cooked pork belly for this recipe, but shredded cooked chicken will work just as well.
- Pour 300ml dashi base into a saucepan, then add the shiitake mushrooms, mirin and soy and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut the pork into 3cm cubes, then add. Wash the bok choy, pull the leaves off the stem and add them to the saucepan - they should cook quickly.
- Put the noodles into a saucepan of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, then drain and divide them between 2 large soup bowls.
- Cut the soft-boiled eggs in half and tuck them next to the noodles.
- Place the pork, tofu, shiitake mushrooms and bok choy in the bowls, then ladle on the broth. Finely slice the spring onions, then sprinkle over the top.