Give treats a sunny, citrus flavour with a hint of fresh lemon.
|4||Eggs, lightly beaten|
|1⅓ cups||Caster sugar|
|¼ cup||Standard flour|
|1 cup||Lemon juice|
|1 to dust||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- To make the base, place the butter, flour and sugar in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into the base of a lightly greased 20cm x 30cm slice tin lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Place the eggs, sugar, flour and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour over the base and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until just set. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Tips and tricks
Wrap lemon squares in cellophane and tie with a ribbon to give guests as party favours.