Photo by Babiche Martens
|½ cup||Condensed milk|
|250 g||Cream cheese|
|125 g||Cottage cheese, or ricotta|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|432 g||Canned crushed pineapple|
|4 Tbsp||Passionfruit syrup|
|1 cup||Water, boiling|
|¾ packet||Jelly crystals, passionfruit or tropical flavoured|
- Grease or line the tin. Crush the biscuits finely. Melt the butter and combine with the biscuits and cinnamon. Press the crust over the base of the tin and put into the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese, cottage cheese, condensed milk and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Drain the pineapple through a sieve, gently pressing to reserve 1 cup of the liquid. Pour the liquid into a saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatine.
- Stir over a low heat until the gelatine has dissolved. Refrigerate until almost set, then beat into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the pineapple and the passionfruit syrup. Whip the cream and fold in, then pour the mixture on the base. Refrigerate until set.
- To make the topping, mix the jelly with the water. Put into the freezer for 20 minutes until partly set then stir in the pulp from the fresh passionfruit. Pour over the cheesecake and return to the fridge until set, allowing 3 hours.