Marbled chocolate mousse
( SERVES 6 )
- Melt 150g of cooking chocolate over water or in the microwave.
- Gather 6 eggs whites with a pinch of salt and a pinch of cream of tartar. Beat to soft peaks.
- Add 50g of caster sugar and whip until stiff.
- Pour 300ml of cream, add 50g of caster sugar and beat to soft peaks.
- Fold half the egg whites into the cream.
- Add a dessertspoon of brandy to the melted chocolate (optional).
- Mix a little of the remaining egg white into the chocolate, then fold the chocolate mix into the rest of the egg whites.
- Swirl the cream mix and the chocolate mix together to get a marbled effect.
- Spoon into the ramekins, the mix sitting to the height of the paper collar.
- Chill to set. To serve, gently remove the collar. Eat with a teaspoon to make it last.