Sesame crusted chilli and mint fish cakes with melon salsa
|300 g||Fish fillets, (ling, gurnard, lemonfish, and tarakihi)|
|3 tsp||Chilli sauce|
|½ cup||Fresh mint|
|2 tsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Root ginger|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1½ Tbsp||Coconut cream|
|2 handfuls||Sesame seeds|
|1 to drizzle||Peanut oil|
- To make the fish cakes, put the fish(roughly chopped) in a food processor with the chilli, onion, mint, fish and soy sauces, ginger(chopped), sugar, egg and coconut milk.
- Pulse until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Use a hot spoon to shape into small cakes. Cover a large plate with sesame seeds and coat each cake.
- Heat a frypan and add enough peanut oil to just cover the surface. Cook the fish cakes over a medium heat until the seeds are golden on both sides, being careful not to let them burn. Drain on paper towels before serving with the salsa.
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients(melon (finely diced), limes (zested and juiced), salt, chilli, sugar and vinegar) and let sit for at least 30 minutes for the flavour to develop.