Butterscotch stuffed poached pears in a chilli chocolate basket
( SERVES 4 )
Chilli Chocolate Basket
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and lightly grease the outside of a couple of ramekins.
- Process the butter, flour, icing sugar and chilli chocolate sauce in a blender until smooth. Thinly spread the mixture into 6-8 cm circles.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bubbling all the way through and slightly darkening. Allow 30 seconds to cool, then turn baking paper over the ramekin and carefully peel off the baking paper to mould the baskets. Allow 5 minutes to set.
- Bring all ingredients except pears to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel pears and cut out the base and keep to one side. Core the pear with a paring knife.
- Add pears and bases to the poaching liquid and gently simmer for 1 hour turning occasionally to ensure even colour. Let cool in the liquid which can be refrigerated and re-used.
- Turn pears upside down and spoon the butterscotch sauce inside. Place on the bases of the pears but don't turn them back until you are ready to serve as the sauce will slowly run out.
- To serve, place a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream and a stuffed pear into a basket and top with some butterscotch sauce.