Caramelised pork belly with rice and greens
- Cut the pork into cubes and place in a bowl. Pour over the fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli. Grind over plenty of black pepper, then mix all together and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Put the sugar and water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until it turns a deep golden caramel. Add the pork and the coconut to the saucepan.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cover with the lid. Cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Add more water if the dish becomes dry.
- Serve with greens either steamed or wilted in a little sesame oil, plenty of rice and coriander.